The school year is off to a great start with a lot of changes and many new faces!
If you’re like me, you love the numbers. Numbers tell a story. Numbers can help us define success and help us focus on areas to improve. Numbers offer context. With numbers come clarity.
Here are some numbers for 2017-2018:
- There are 620 students at Broadway, which is 32 more students than we had in May.
- The Mandarin program (K-5) is eight years old and has 451 students.
- The Spanish program (K-4) is five years old and has 156 students.
- Our traditional program, which is entering its last year, has 13 students (5th grade only.)
- We welcomed nine new teachers to Broadway this year! Five in the Spanish program, and four in the Mandarin program.
- We have 7 veteran teachers who are changing or adding a grade level.
- Four of our teachers are taking on the incredible task of teaching two grade levels.
- Broadway scores a 10/10 on GreatSchools.org and has a 5-star rating.
- In 2016-2017, overall 76% of Broadway students (grades 3-5) met or exceeded state standards in both English Language Arts (ELA) and Math. (School-wide 2017-2018 results are not yet publicly available.) Comparatively, Broadway scored a 93/100 on the California Office to Reform Education’s (CORE) analysis.
If there are any other numbers you’d like to know, email us at email@example.com and we’ll try to get them to you!
Posted by Suzy Hughes, Recording Secretary