I started this post with “looking for ways to volunteer” but quickly deleted “volunteer” because I thought there are so many ways to make an impact that don’t require volunteering. Broadway’s financial picture is so complicated, and it is never the same from year-to-year. The number one way parents can help Friends of Broadway is to learn a little bit about where the school’s money comes from and what are the rules about how it is spent. Once we all understand why there are gaps to be filled it will be easier to have conversations about how to raise the money to fill those gaps and how to prioritize how that money is spent.
If you want to learn more, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now, to raising money! Starting with the easiest, here’s what you can do:
- Sign up for Ralph’s Rewards–you do it once a year and then you don’t have think about it again!
- Select “Friends of Broadway Elementary School” as your charity of choice on AmazonSmile, then shop via AmazonSmile for all your Amazon purchases.
- Clip BoxTops and turn them into the box in the Main Office. We raised over $1000–10 cents at a time–thanks to the BoxTop program.
- Start using Scrip for your regular purchases. Depending on your family’s shopping habits, by using Scrip you can bring upwards of $250 per year back to our kids. Need more info? Email email@example.com.
- Make a donation to Friends of Broadway–which is very likely the charity that is closest to home for your family. No dollar amount is too big or too small (or too big!) Check our link on the donations page to donate via the PayPal Giving Fund, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Ask your friends and family to help by doing any or all of the above! There is strength in numbers, let’s harness that power.
Last, but not at all least, all of this fundraising work requires the time and talents of as many volunteers as we can wrangle! It might just be a few hours staffing our booth at the Abbot Kinney Festival, or helping coordinate a major fundraising event, or anything in between. Email email@example.com for more information about volunteering opportunities.
Thanks for your interest in supporting our kids.
Suzy Hughes, Recording Secretary